Wednesday, January 4, 2012

soul



“all this happened, more or less.” --vonnegut

**************
been a busy winter. hibernation of sorts for words. keeping things simple by surrounding myself with organic experiences while pushing away those being shared on the world wide web. i had a day in november where i started looking something up on the internet and the next thing i knew, it was 4 a.m. okay. enough. i thought of my homie in tucson who's totally disconnected and thought about how envious i was in the moment of what he didn't have. more so, he didn't have this self perceived need to know.
**************
i used to surf alone, a lot. when i was young, i certainly didn't understand why things appeal to us and i at least had the presence of mind to notice and acknowledge it. i remember that once i got wise enough to understand my relationship with my body, the board and the wave, i found that i preferred paddling out, solo. some of my buds used to call it my social hibernation time. it was said in jest, but i could tell there was a hint of "is it me?" in the tone. it was never a hard path to follow for me.
**************

No comments: