Thursday, January 15, 2009

***

80's music and vintage whips. trying to clear the fog in my head and focus while hearing terri nunn bleed her lyrics in my ear.

"I remember searching for the perfect words
I was hoping you might change your mind
I remember a soldier sleeping next to me
riding on the Metro"

spinning cold legs and breathing deep. i try to see eyeliner. i try to see patent leather. shaking it off, i instead focus on the path home. something is stirring deep inside me.

we have to make hard decisions every day, which brings us closer to one or the other of these ways of responding, and it’s worth a moment, i think, to reflect on the nature of the way we respond to the world.

the wise therefore rule by emptying heads and stuffing bellies, by weakening ambitions and strengthening bones. if people lack knowledge and desire, the intellectuals will not try to interfere. If nothing evil is done, all will be well.

No comments: